GlitterBird Photography

GlitterBird Photography

Pages

Welcome!

Capturing the moments we all take for granted, and have difficulty remembering.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Marriage is a Piece of Cake!

I've been waiting 1 WHOLE year for this shoot!  I had the priviledge and honor of seeing these two get married on June 18, 2011.  One year later, we met up in a field.  Breezy, hot, and humid,  June night in Texas.  Whew! 
They dug out their wedding cake top layer from the freezer, thawed it out, and we set up this AHH-Mazing shoot!

Now when my hubby and I celebrated on the 1st anniversary, we thawed out the cake, took a bite and said "yea, ok.  We did this tradition."  Cake went in the trash and I was left with an empy feeling and not much joy of how we celebrated.... Especially after seeing that thing in my freezer for a whole year!  

Trust me!!! This is the way to do it!!!



Now part of the tradition of celebrating your 1st anniversary is celebrating with Paper.  Ya know, like your 50th is the Golden, whatever, whatever... Well the 1st anniversary is Paper.  Why you ask??? Well let me tell ya!  The tradition has been around forever, but it was very prevalent in the 40's - 50's when by the 1st anniversary, the newlyweds had purchased their own home and the tradtion dictated that the husband put the house in the wife's name!  waaa-la!  Paper!  So here's my silly take on the tradition.  After all this whole shoot is about tradition.  :)  (newspaper and paper roses.)


Our Bride and Groom had a wonderful time enjoying their outdoor picnic! 



Lance was so good to serve his beautiful wife a piece of cake.



Yum!!! Enjoy!


Just like 1 year earlier!!!


These 2 are so much in love!


Happy 1st Anniversary Lance and Marlen!


No more cake in their freezer!!!  :)


Happy 1st Anniversary Lance and Marlen - May you have many, many more wonderful years together!


*** 1st Anniversary Graphics Framed Art by Courtney Wilkins.  Cake by Chia's Creations in Mt. Pleasant, Texas.   
Paper decorations, photo set up by me at GB Photography!  :) *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a Member!

href="http://www.iheartfaces.com" mce_href="http://www.iheartfaces.com">